Dry Eye can cause the following symptoms:
- Sore eyes
- Gritty eyes
- Burning eyes
- Red eyes
- Stabbing pain
- Blurred vision
What You Need To Know:
- In approximately 80% of cases, dry eye is due to poor quality of tears, rather than poor volume. By improving the quality of the ‘lipid’ layer of our tears, we should be able to manage the symptoms of dry eyes.
What You Need To Do:
- ‘Eye Bag’ warm compress. Heat the eyelids (as hot/warm as comfortable for you) for 2-3 minutes, followed by gentle pinch/massage of the lids. This is to help release more oil into the ‘lipid’ layer
- Clean eyelids and lashes with Blephaclean wipes. This has a mild anti-inflammatory agent, but no preservative, and should help soothe the eyes.
- Contrary to ‘old school’ advice, we DO NOT advise cleaning the lashes with baby shampoo/warm water
- Eye drops. To use rops. To use as/when required during the day in conjunction with the points outlined above (not in place of!). We advise preservative free drops (some preservatives can irritate the eyes and induce inflammation /blepharitis)
As stated in the video,as we are all different, the best management of your symptoms may differ, however the above advice should help most patients suffering from dry eye.
For further advice, or to arrange an appointment, please call 01978 366189 or email us at email@example.com